I think we can easily do that. Last year, we found there was strength in numbers. Band together and build memories as a group. Be sure to comment at the end (include City, ST).
What is a Light ‘Em Up GROUP?
- If your family grabs two neighbors (and their kids) and you feed the homeless one weekends – that’s a Light ‘Em Up group.
- If you lead a small group of kids at church and you challenge them to do one act of kindness in December – that’s a Light ‘Em Up group.
- If you are a teacher and you have your kids pick up trash in the classroom for one another – that’s a group.
- If you are a mom of toddlers, and you schedule a playdate, and those angels color the NEW coloring sheets for servants in your community – that’s a Light ‘Em Up group.
- If your small group or connect group skips “studying” one week – and you hit the community to love, give or serve – that’s a Light’ Em Up group.
- If you are a group of at least three adults and a group of kids – and you’re doing something to GIVE or SERVE your community – that’s a Light ‘Em Up group.
The options are endless. If you are new, you can start with the BACK STORY here. Or, the ORIGINAL post here. Please note the first two years were done on my first site (before updated) so you won’t see all the comments or thousands of pins/shares that was so fun to watch it spread.
Let’s get started.
The purpose of Light ‘Em Up is for our kids to experience generosity in a way that strikes the depths of their heart. So, they will see Christmas is always about GIVING over GETTING. Light ‘Em up shows children of every age that they can be used to impact others.
STEP 1. Family Planning Guide
It is imperative you get them involved in the plan. So, plan a night to get their input. Hot chocolate and reindeer head gear optional. DOWNLOAD FAMILY PLANNING GUIDE HERE.
Step 2. Print the Ideas
There are over 100 ideas and that doesn’t include the fantastic ideas you will dream up! Circle your favorites, cut them up, place in advent system, or put in jar and choose one each day. Or, simply pick ONE and go big. DOWNLOAD 100 IDEAS
Step 3. NEW COLORING SHEETS
I am soooooo tickled and honored that my favorite children’s author, Marianne Richmond, generously gave her talent to Light ‘Em Up this year. Her books truly touch my heart. I told her that I wanted the tiniest tots to know they were impacting lives. My girls have always loved their “art” and it means something to them. So, these sheets are precious. They can color and give to people that serve your family. DOWNLOAD SHEETS: Thanks Tree, Love Ornament, Merry Christmas
Step 4. Logo Sheets
Several of you asked for the logo to use for your projects and parties. One amazing mom (Chrystal) had a Christmas party last year and put the logos on jars. Tied this “no guilt pledge” on the side and put the 100 ideas in the jars as their gift. They could also be a fun hostess gift for any Christmas parties you attend. DOWNLOAD LOGOS
Step 5. Gift Tags
These are AWESOME! You can tie them onto ANYTHING. A candy cane. A homemade bag of cookies. They say what your heart wants to say to the garbage men, your bank teller, your church volunteer, your pastor, etc.
It is hard for our little ones to say it all. They can hand it with a huge smile and a “thank you.” Trust me – when you walk away and those folks read these notes. It is super touching. DOWNLOAD GIFT TAGS
Step 6. Share. Share. Share.
I hear your heart about not being “showy” and giving in secret. Please read yesterday’s post. The truth is – when you share how your kids are being impacted through generosity – it causes others to act. We’d love to see your stories, your photos:
- #LIGHTEMUP13 – on Instagram and Twitter
- Facebook – Like the Lil Light O’ Mine page and post away. Stories, photos – anything that’s working for your family. I want to celebrate your kids! I’ll compile them into an album.
- Pin Away! When you share THIS POST, your friends notice. And they want to join the fun. So, pin, tweet, insta – whatever suits your fancy. Invite your crew to join the #lightemup13 party.
- Email – Send me your stories and photos if you’d like to remain anonymous at info(at)lillightomine(dot)com
NOTE: The above images/documents just show the FIRST PAGE – so click DOWNLOAD to get full docs under each point.
NOW, WHO IS IN?
100 Groups in 100 cities. Let’s do this.
Tell me your CITY, ST below if you are IN!
WOOOHOOOO!!! Light.Em.Up. #lightemup13