If your family is like mine, we have so much. And you’re out of ideas. Here’s a quick list of 25 ideas to get your brain started this Black Friday. I’ll do a kid list another day – this is more for your extended family.
Add your ideas below!
- Tickets to an event as a family – promote the experience over a thing.
- Season tickets to a park or zoo – every family with little ones would LOVE this.
- Photos – every grandparent, aunt, etc – loves an updated photo of your little ones. Slap it on a calendar, mug, bag, puzzle – they don’t care.
- Hobbies? Does your loved one sew or have a hobby? Gift card to their favorite store.
- Words. Have your kids wrap a box of words full of the things they love about that person. Easy. free. meaningful.
- Movie Tickets. Get tickets put in popcorn with the candy.
- PooPourri. Everybody needs this in their stocking. Trust me. It works.
- Kid Gifts for Grown Ups. I’ve gotten Ron toys – his dad a plane. Every grown man has a kid inside and they love a toy. Think what would light them up and go for it.
- Games. Get a good ole family game – something that will gather the crew around for some laughs. The sillier the better.
- Socks. These socks are definitely on my list. Great cause – CUTE!
- Donation. How can you support a cause that means a lot to them? Cancer or wounded warriors? Is there a cause that is close to their heart – that you can support under the tree?
- Tickets. Coupons and tickets are always fun for spouses or from the kids. “One free massage” or “one free nap” ….
- Latest trend. Is their a hot nail polish color or lipstick color you can get for the aunt or sister in your life? Things we won’t run out and get but would love to try.
- Magazines. I LOVE to read magazines but it seems like a waste. A magazine subscription is a fun treat.
- A little Jesus. It always works better when it’s a book, devotional or Christian item YOU have enjoyed vs “here I think you need to get more Jesus in you” suggested gift. 🙂 If there is a book that really impacted you – pass it on.
- Music. Is there a CD you love? Pass it on! With all the streaming – our poor artists are literally starving. Support the musicians and buy the CDs!
- Upgrade. Our moms and mom-in-laws have been using some of the same cooking utensils for 40 years because they are great stewards. Sneak in their kitchens and see what might delight them? A new set of mixing bowls? A new mixer? They might be attached to theirs. Careful.
- Pens. I LOVE a set of fine tip sharpies and a fresh journal. That’s just me.
- Monogram anything.
- Photo book of a trip you took together.
- Frame something special – did they accomplish something big last year that you can recognize or frame?
- Think for 5. Have a quick 5 minute brainstorm about that person and what gets their heart – is it the color blue? polka dots? aprons? When you open something and you can tell there was sweet thoughtfulness in the gift – it means so much. Even just notecards with the right touch – it’s special.
- Big Fan? Is your family member a big fan of a team? A person? Could you write to their fan club and get them a signed autograph of something?
- Letter. I’m a big fan of just writing people notes. Words mean more than any gifts.
- Of course – get you some ABC Scripture Cards, Measure Me Grammy Aprons and Conversation Cups! Great gifts if I do say so myself. 🙂
Don’t forget to think about how to use fair trade companies – Melanie has a GREAT list of companies right over here.
SHARE some of your ideas below!