This is going to be a fun topic! Have you done a study or read a book that has been a life-changer? We want to hear about it.
Two ways to share:
1) If you have a blog, link up using the “linky” tool below. You just simply write about a book or study that impacted your life and why – then share your link with others!
2) Comment below. If you’d rather not blog or don’t have one – we still want to know! Share in the comments below.
This is a part of the Build ‘Em Up series with these lovely ladies. You can see other entries or other topics by clicking HERE.
My Favorite Study
It would be so hard to tell you my favorite book. So many have impacted me (Love Does definitely hits the top of the list for this year).
So, I will share my favorite women’s bible study. I am doing this life-changing study right now with 10 women every week in my home. Stuck by Jennie Allen
I love it for many reasons.
1) Jennie Allen teaches through her writing and this DVD series and she is the real deal. I love her communication style and her authenticity. The way she challenges yet encourages.
2) As a leader, I LOVE the leader guide and questions. It is so very easy to use.
3) The homework is not too light (where you get nothing) and not too hard (where you feel overwhelmed. I feel it’s just right. It asks thought-provoking questions. It has challenging exercises and makes me truly stop and think. And, it keeps me in His word. Which I WANT to do. Finally, “want to” vs “have to” is a fun place to be in my journey.
4) Doing this study takes women to a deep place quick and that’s my desire. I want my friends in my community to grow closer to God. If I’m brutally honest, I don’t have an extra hour for surface level bible study – hanging out and doing the social stuff.
I want seriously authentic relationships and discussions with a common goal. This study makes that happen quickly.
My friend Kylie did this with a group and said:
It hits on each of our sins and struggles as women and gently (and sometimes not so gently) calls us to more. To look at the root and not just the symptoms. To find who Jesus says he is in the midst of sin and continual failure. Loved it. Rocked my world and perspective.
Now Your Turn! Share!