What are your favorite books for women?
For parenting? Faith? Marriage?
Your favorite books EVER?
Your list for 2015?
Here’s the good news. There is no shortage of great books. I would recommend starting with the Bible – ultimate source of wisdom and guidance. From there, make yourself a doable list based on where you need encouragement and truth. Are you struggling with making decisions? Consider The Best Yes. If you want to rock your faith – get any book by Francis Chan (LOVING his new marriage book).
My goal this year – is to add in fiction and “reading just for fun” books. I’m always working on me and my heart needs a rest from that. Probably some Patti Callahan Henry!
Do you need another book or courage to implement?
If you are like me, your house might be full of books you need to re-read or actually have the courage and discipline to apply. Precisely why I just re-read Made To Crave this week. You might not need another book – just discipline and self-control to follow through on Godly counsel.
My list was too long for this post, so I have created an Amazon store that features my favorites in every category. I’ll keep updating that as I organize my office and books. Here are a few that I loved lately.
- The Best Yes by Lysa TerKeurst: Everything she reads hits to the core of my heart. It’s like she’s a creeper in my home. If you have ever struggled with saying yes or no or making decisions. Game changer.
- Keep It Shut by Karen Ehman. I had the honor of endorsing this one so obviously I’m a huge fan.
Everyone with a mouth like mine needs this book! Karen Ehman has a gift. She shares a message we need to hear in a way that is helpful, not condemning. I’m thankful for how Karen encourages women to lead like Jesus from head to toe.” – Courtney DeFeo
- Living Well, Spending Less by Ruth Soukup – Reading now and it’s so great. Equal parts inspiration and really practical help.
MORE BOOKS FOR WOMEN HERE.
- Parenting The Wholehearted Child by Jeannie Cunnion – Dear friend wrote this and it’s just amazing. If you need grace for yourself and your kids. It is pure freedom.
- Intentional Parenting by Sissy Goff and David Thomas – I love anything written by these two counselors. They have incredible insight and advice from the thousands of patients and families they see each year.
- In This House, We Will Giggle by ME! 😉 – If you are ready for more laughter over lectures – join us! 12 virtues and 12 family fun activities.
- Magnetic by Lynn Cowell – Biblical and profound advice for teens. Can’t wait for my girls to read!*
MORE PARENTING BOOKS HERE.
MY 2015 LIST SO FAR
- FIght Back With Joy by Margaret Feinberg – Here’s a girl fighting cancer and continues to release amazing resources. Her joy for the Lord is contagious.
- Hope For The Weary Mom – I have read a sample and it’s from the heart from two dear moms. Cannot wait!
- Move On by Vicki Courtney – I love the subtitle, “when mercy meets your mess”. All of us come from a mess or we are in the center of a mess. She shares truthfully and honestly about her struggles and how God comes alongside with mercy.
- Every Bitter Sweet Thing by Sara Hagerty – I have heard incredible things about this book! Cannot wait to read.
- Make It Happen by Lara Casey – I am new to Lara Casey but after reading her blog over the break. I am smitten. I love inspirational women who go after it.
Do you have some forever favorites?
How about a giveaway?
I’m giving away TWO BOOKS THIS WEEKEND.
Enter to win by Sunday. Two winners.
Keep It Shut and Move On
Just mention a favorite book below to enter!