Love ‘Em Up: 28 Days, 28 Ideas
Who is ready to open up the roof of their house and pour in a serious dose of LOVE? It makes perfect sense to focus on LOVE in the month of February.
In December, we did Light ‘Em Up and basically took random acts of kindness out into the community. We sure did Light ‘Em Up!
In February, it’s time to take it inside. We are taking the 28 days of February to LOVE ‘EM UP – yep, love the ones you’re with. Our kids, our husbands. Every day – taking random acts of kindness approach on our family so that they feel LOVED. And so that they LEARN and EXPERIENCE the virtue of love.
Why? Because it’s the most important thing we can do.
#LoveEmUp 2014: 28 days, 28 Ideas
1. Post-It Note Attack: All the reasons you love each one
2. Serve up something hearty
3. Love them up with an after school surprise
4. Say YES to something unexpected
5. Make banners, reasons we love you
6. Give your sister a pedicure
7. Make your brother’s bed
8. Parents: love your kids with a great marriage. Book your valentines date out.
9. Kids: make mom’s job easier today
10. Sneak love notes everywhere, purses, brief cases, drawers, pillows (I love you because…
11. Scavenger hunt for treats
12. Mirror kiss attack (reasons you are proud of them)
13. Love a sibling by doing one chore
14. Pick them up with a car treat (balloon, post its on window, chocolates)
15. Bedtime Story Love: remind them why you are crazy about them
16. Kids plan meal for parents
17. Love song awards – karaoke family contest
18. Smile all day and giggle
19. Make a loving dessert together
20. Snuggle as a family
21. Take a honey-do off the honey-do list
22. Kids: Make breakfast in bed for mom or dad
23. Find a verse about love in the Bible and share it
24. Pray for each other
25. Watch your wedding video
26. Make a Top 10 Family Moments list
27. Eat dinner together and let kids make up the conversation questions
28. Get them all ready for bed and surprise milkshake run
Join me on INSTAGRAM, TWITTER or FACEBOOK. I will be posting a reminder each day for the idea. And you can certainly make it your own.
And, share your ideas with us and others! Feel free to come up with your own list and be sure to tag #LoveEmUP on Instagram or Twitter so we can get inspiration from one another. There will also be a Pinterest board here.
(Those that are worried about my balance and “rest” due to yesterday’s post – I’ve got huge news. I have an assistant! Molly! She’ll be executing this.)
If you are IN, SAY IN!!!
And, I’ll pick THREE winners to receive a copy of this amazing new book, Everyday Confetti, by my sweet friends Karen Ehman and Glynnis Whitwer. This is what their book is all about. We can celebrate everyday. And they have some wonderful ways to do that. You’ll just love it.
UPDATED: Three winners chosen and notified on Feb 1. Congrats!
I’m in! Love this idea!
I am in! What a terrific idea to love the one you’re with! Looking forward to 28 days of love! Great great idea!
I’m in! Can’t wait to spread the love intentionally under my own roof! <3 Love all your book recommendations lately! Congrats on the assistant!
I am IN!!!!! Sharing this idea with my moms group! Thanks so much!
I am in!! Love, Love, Love this idea!!!
Hey Lori! You won the book. Send me your address when you get a chance to firstname.lastname@example.org
I am in!
Completely in! Definitely need something like this right now!
In! You know Iove a good book. Proud of you per usual!
IN!!! I love these simple ideas of ways to show my little family how much they are loved. Can’t wait to get started!
I am in! I loved the idea on Pinterest that says to post a heart cutout with what you love about your child for eveyday in February!
You won a book Halona! Congrats! Send me your address when you get a chance to email@example.com
I am in! love the idea!
Love it! Yes in!!
I’m in too!
I’m in, and I am glad you’ll be posting reminders!
I’m in… Thanks for the ideas.
. Your favorite jutcitsiafion appeared to be on the internet the easiest thing to be aware of. I say to you, I definitely get irked while people consider worries that they just do not know about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top and also defined out the whole thing without having side-effects , people can take a signal. Will likely be back to get more. Thanks
This is favorite, I’m IN! Love the milkshakes in PJs idea!
I am in! This is just the thing I need right now. 🙂
I’m in. Thanks for sharing. I’ll have to do this with my husband mostly and kids and grandkids when they’re over ..
I love getting the kids involved. Going to start tomorrow, Feb 1. Thanks.
Congrats Kris! You won a book. Send me your address to firstname.lastname@example.org
Oh Dear… It has been a whole month and I am just now seeing this. Good thing, though, that I got my daily love notes and the big door-banner out. Can I still get the book?
Absolutely. Email me your address.
We have THREE Winners chosen! Hulona. Kris and Lori Elder. Congrats! Please get me your addresses.