Who is ready to open up the roof of their house and pour in a serious dose of LOVE? It makes perfect sense to focus on LOVE in the month of February.
In December, we did Light ‘Em Up and basically took random acts of kindness out into the community. We sure did Light ‘Em Up!
In February, it’s time to take it inside. We are taking the 28 days of February to LOVE ‘EM UP – yep, love the ones you’re with. Our kids, our husbands. Every day – taking random acts of kindness approach on our family so that they feel LOVED. And so that they LEARN and EXPERIENCE the virtue of love.
Why? Because it’s the most important thing we can do.
#LoveEmUp 2014: 28 days, 28 Ideas
1. Post-It Note Attack: All the reasons you love each one
2. Serve up something hearty
3. Love them up with an after school surprise
4. Say YES to something unexpected
5. Make banners, reasons we love you
6. Give your sister a pedicure
7. Make your brother’s bed
8. Parents: love your kids with a great marriage. Book your valentines date out.
9. Kids: make mom’s job easier today
10. Sneak love notes everywhere, purses, brief cases, drawers, pillows (I love you because…
11. Scavenger hunt for treats
12. Mirror kiss attack (reasons you are proud of them)
13. Love a sibling by doing one chore
14. Pick them up with a car treat (balloon, post its on window, chocolates)
15. Bedtime Story Love: remind them why you are crazy about them
17. Love song awards – karaoke family contest
18. Smile all day and giggle
19. Make a loving dessert together
20. Snuggle as a family
21. Take a honey-do off the honey-do list
22. Kids: Make breakfast in bed for mom or dad
23. Find a verse about love in the Bible and share it
24. Pray for each other
25. Watch your wedding video
26. Make a Top 10 Family Moments list
27. Eat dinner together and let kids make up the conversation questions
28. Get them all ready for bed and surprise milkshake run
And, share your ideas with us and others! Feel free to come up with your own list and be sure to tag #LoveEmUP on Instagram or Twitter so we can get inspiration from one another. There will also be a Pinterest board here.
(Those that are worried about my balance and “rest” due to yesterday’s post – I’ve got huge news. I have an assistant! Molly! She’ll be executing this.)
If you are IN, SAY IN!!!
And, I’ll pick THREE winners to receive a copy of this amazing new book, Everyday Confetti, by my sweet friends Karen Ehman and Glynnis Whitwer. This is what their book is all about. We can celebrate everyday. And they have some wonderful ways to do that. You’ll just love it.
UPDATED: Three winners chosen and notified on Feb 1. Congrats!